(Or…How to Make Your Page CONVERT Even Better…)
1. You don’t have to use perfect English. In fact I hope you don’t. Write in a conversational tone. Use colloquialisms and contractions.
2. Vary your sentence length. No one listens to every word when some speaks in monotone. The same applies in writing. Break it up.
3. Create a secondary path. Make the copy scannable. NO ONE will read every single word. Give them a path that, if followed, will deliver your sales message.
4. Justify reasoning with ‘because’. Even if it’s a weak reason, just having that simple word in there will make people accept it. (“We need to move this product quickly because we need to get it off our shelves.”)
5. Use positive action words. Don’t dwell in the negative. Let people know that they can achieve their deepest desires when they buy your product/service.
6. People buy on emotion. Not reasoning or scientific fact.
7. Create a story. Let your readers know that you can relate to them. You’re empathetic. You’ve been in their shoes.
8. Make lists. Use sub-headlines. Keep paragraphs short.
9. Tell people what action you want them to take. Make it obvious. Tell them 2 or even 3 times in your copy. Include red arrows. Be splashy. Make the opt-in as easy and obvious as possible.